It might seem like a waste of your Mac’s processing power to have a Live Wallpaper (a moving desktop background). Although they may be a bit dangerous, they can also be a lot of fun!
Mac Live Wallpapers used to be difficult to find, but today they are much easier to find.
You can get animated wallpaper desktops in several different ways below, from apps that provide them to making your own.
1. Try the Built-in Dynamic Desktops
- System Preferences > Desktop & Screensaver > Desktop
- you’ll find a folder called Desktop Pictures under the Apple menu > Dynamic Desktop.
Apple has included a collection of Live Wallpapers with your Mac. In most cases, the image is displayed at different times of the day, but they offer the same image.
Over time, the background will slowly change from day to night versions if you click on one and set the dropdown menu to Dynamic.
When the dropdowns in Light and Dark Desktops are set to Automatic, the wallpapers also change throughout the day.
When you select the Pictures folder under Desktop heading, click the Change picture box and choose the picture you wish to change. Live wallpaper for your MacBook Pro will be a rotating collection of images in that folder.
2. Use Websites for Moving Wallpapers
Free Mac Live Wallpapers can be found on a lot of websites.
3. Use Live Wallpaper Apps
You can download whole apps to decorate your Mac desktop with animated and dynamic wallpaper. You don’t even need to open System Preferences on your Mac if you use live wallpaper apps, such as iWallpaper, which allows you to just click on the Live Wallpaper option and hit Set as wallpaper.
Earth 3D Lite, for instance, allows you to set Mac Live Wallpapers to be slow-moving animations. In addition, some applications offer practical features, such as clocks and dynamic weather forecasts, such as Live Wallpapers HD & Weather.
There are few applications for Live Wallpaper :-
- iWallpaper (Free, in-app purchases available)
- Earth 3D Lite (Free)
- Live Wallpapers HD & Weather (Free, in-app purchases available)
4. Make Your Own Live Wallpapers
Furthermore, you can also make your own top-quality live wallpapers with the same ease as you do your desktop wallpaper.
Dynamic wallpaper websites and apps, such as Dynamic Wallpaper Club and Dynaper, allow you to upload Live Photos. On your desktop, you can play short videos from your Live Photos.
One application for it :-
- Dynaper (Free, in-app purchases available)
5. Turn Screensavers Into Live Wallpapers
Quartz animations make up many of the live wallpapers you can use on Macs. If you have a Mac, you probably have some Quartz animations on your machine already: your screensaver. Animated wallpapers can be created pretty quickly with these.
- System Preferences > Desktop & Screen Saver. In the Screen Saver tab, select an animated screen saver.
- open Terminal and put following commands :
- /System/Library/Frameworks/ScreenSaver.framework/Resources/ScreenSaverEngine.app/Contents/MacOS/ScreenSaverEngine -background
- Now Hit Enter.